NAMI Book Club (Temporarily On Hold)
Meet and discuss compelling books related to mental health and brain disorders.
2nd Thursday in September, November, January, March, May
Fairfield Public Library, Jennings Room
1080 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT
Free and open to the public
NAMI Fairfield, in conjunction with the Fairfield Public Library, sponsors the NAMI Book Club. Selected books highlight the aspects of mental health, the brain, and the endurance of the human spirit.
The book club meets on the second Thursday in September, November, January, March, and May from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the Jennings Room at the Fairfield Public Library.
Read the book and join the conversation!
Some of the books we’ve already read and discussed (and still recommend) are listed here:
- Vanishing Act of Esmee Lennox, by Maggie O’Farrell
- I am Malala, by Malala Yousafzai
- The Dinner, by Herman Koch
- 72-Hour Hold, by Bebe Moore Campbell
- No One Cares About Crazy People, by Ron Powers
- The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
- ADHA Nation by Alan Schwarz
- Educated by Tara Westover
- River of Time by Naomi Judd
- Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance
- Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White
- An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison
- Ben Behind His Voices by Randye Kaye
- A Brilliant Madness by Patty Duke
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Molokai by Alan Brennert
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks